4.18.2011

BST MSC VDS/SNGS 4

Today's features:
  • A Ballerina Gone Electric,
  • Two (seemingly) Massively Homosexual Artisans!
  • And a Retro Directo-
Some of these are posted for their musical worth, some for the quality of video (mostly the latter.)

First up "Oh Land", real name Nanna Øland Fabricius (which I personally would have stuck with,) is an injured Danish ballerina with musical blood; the daughter of an organist father, and an opera singing mother respectively. I await her imminent autobiography with baited breath.




These next two magical men Yoann Lemoine (AKA Woodkid) and Roy Raz (AKA PAG) are producing some of the best music videos I've ever seen. They're twisted and sleepy-creepy, with some serious homo-erotic tones. I give it two months before Woodkid-IRON is in everyones inbox, and I can't wait for you to see it... But before we get to that, check out this simple, beautiful video he made with music by Mystery Jets- Dreaming of Another World.






When I first saw "The Lady Is Dead", I was sure it was the most insane thing I'd ever observed. It went pseudo viral, and it's semi old, but Woodkid reminded me of this style, and they look so nice together that I thought I'd repost it regardless. As a result though, I found the bizarre, russian, tunnel-filling-gay-fest below, "Purim Bash-TORESTOTI"...which is fucking amazing.




We've all heard Sleigh Bells, and whether you like 'em or hate 'em I'm going to encourage you to watch this video. It's directed by Bo Mirosseni, a rising star known mostly, unfortunately, for his Skittles commercial. "Creature", by surf Rock outfit The Tijuana Panthers is also directed by Mirosseni. It's a little throwback to drive-ins and "Rock-a-Billy" before anyone called it that.








By next Monday I'll have 5 or 6 more videos! So fucking check back.
Love, Mader

More about Oh Land! http://www.facebook.com/OhLandMusic
More about Bo Mirosseni! http://www.bomirosseni.com/
More about PAG! http://www.facebook.com/raz.roy
More about Wood Kid!http://vimeo.com/woodkidmusic



1 comment:

  1. You always find the bangers don't you!
    Frickn love the first one with the danish ballet dancer...but it was a little weak on the video itself...
    What's with all these divas insisting on playing in a room full of balloons?? I've seen that hundreds of times-blah-you know there is a fetish night on Davie for that sort of thing-
    Hmmm...In that last video I was totally anticipating the balloons when that diva came out but was pleasantly surprised to find they choose pillowfights & feathers instead-
    Say isn't that the same tunnel beside the bar they host queer bash??? hmmm...maybe not..I've seen way racier things than one euro drag queen and a pillow fight makeout session happen in that tunnel....

    ReplyDelete